LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 16, 2023
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “personally identifiable information,“ “personal information,“ or “personal data.“
- Notice at Collection of Personal Information
We collect the categories of personal information identified below. As indicated in the chart, we do not “sell” or “share” these categories of personal information (as such terms are defined in California law), nor do we knowingly sell or share personal information about persons under the age of 16.
Do we sell or share the category of Personal Information?
Identifiers/biographical information, including your name, postal and email address, phone number.
Internet or other electronic network activity information
Professional or employment-related information, including your type of business.
B. The Business and Commercial Purposes for Which We Collect and Use Your Personal Information:
- To provide you with our services
- To review the usage and maintain the operation of this website
- To conduct analysis and develop and/or improve our products and services
- To monitor, protect, and maintain the security and integrity of our services and our business, such as protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests and communications from law enforcement and other government officials
- To carry out sales and business transactions in which information held by us is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation, or completion of the transaction
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, property and/or those of others
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your personal information or as explained to you at the point of information collection
We will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with our services that you request; for analytics purposes; to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or otherwise where permitted or required in accordance with applicable law. What this means in practice will vary between different types of information, and when we consider our approach we take into account ongoing business or legal needs for the information, for example in relation to tax, health and safety, and potential or actual disputes or investigations.
- Personal information we collect
- Sharing with other Key companies
- How personal information is shared with third parties
- Security measures
- U.S. state privacy rights
- Linked websites
- 11.Contact information
2. Personal information we collect
If you use this website, personal information about you may be collected and processed by Key employees. In general, we only collect information (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and type of business) when you knowingly provide it to us. Additionally, Key may automatically collect or process personal information (such as your Internet domain or IP address) as part of the operation of this website or during the course of your activities on or use of this website. In nearly all cases this data may be collected or processed by, and transferred to, Key facilities in the United States and in other countries where Key does business; the data is then subject to the legal systems of those countries. By using this website (which resides in part on servers located in the United States), you unambiguously consent to any collection, processing, transfer or use of any personal data. If you do not consent to any collection, processing, transfer or use of such information, please discontinue use of this website.
3. Sharing with other Key companies
We share much of our data, including personal information about you, with our affiliates throughout the world. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they will follow privacy practices no less protective than our practices described in this document, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
4. How personal information is shared with third parties
Key may disclose your personal information to data analytics providers for analytics purposes. Key may also disclose information to third parties assisting us in carrying out a transaction or providing a service to you (e.g., packaging, sending and delivering purchases and information to you, clearing credit card transactions, or performing statistical analyses of our services), or in connection with merger and acquisition discussions. Additionally, Key may disclose information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Key rules for use of the website, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Key.
5. Security measures
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to safeguard any information you use to access the website and to notify us if you ever suspect that such information has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the website.
6. U.S. state privacy rights
Depending on your state of residency, you may take advantage of the following privacy rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to access your information in a portable format.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
Please note that, where permitted under applicable law, we may decline a request if we are unable to verify your identity (or an agent’s authority to make the request) and confirm the personal information we maintain relates to you.
How to submit a request
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights outlined above, please contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 713-651-4300, or by mail at 1500 Citywest Blvd., Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77042. We may request certain information about your interactions with Key to verify your identity before we can respond to your access, deletion, or correction requests. Key will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. Key retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a user’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the user, for any purpose other than to fulfill the user’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Right to Appeal
Depending on your U.S. state of residence, you may have the right to appeal a decision we have made in connection with your privacy rights request. To appeal a decision, please contact us at 713-651-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection disclosures
Categories of personal information disclosed for business purposes: In the last 12 months, Key has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose (such as with our service providers or processors, whose use of personal information we disclose is limited to providing certain services to us pursuant to a written contract):
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Professional or employment-related information (including your type of business)
Additional detail on the business purposes for which we disclose personal information is provided above under “How personal information is shared with third parties.”
Key takes children’s privacy seriously. Key asks children under the age of 13 not to send any personally identifiable information to Key websites without the consent of their parents or guardians. Key encourages all parents and guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of personal information on the Internet. Key will not knowingly collect, use or disclose to third parties any personal information collected from children, and we are committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
9. Linked websites
We provide links to websites operated by third parties. Since we do not control these websites, we encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) third party sites. Key is not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of sites and services by other companies or organizations.
You may wish to adjust your web browser to inform you whenever a cookie is to be used, or to reject all cookies automatically. However, if you elect not to accept cookies, some parts of the website may not function properly or permit access.
11. Contact information